Every health insurance plan sold in the Health Insurance Marketplace will offer 10 essential health benefits.
What’s covered in the Health Insurance Marketplace
These essential health benefits include at least the following items and the services:
1) Outpatient care, the type you get without being admitted to a hospital
2) Trips to an emergency room
3) Treatment in the hospital for inpatient care
4) Care before and also after your baby is born
5) Mental health and substance use disorder services: This includes behavioral health treatment, counseling, and psychotherapy
6) Your prescription drugs
7) Services and devices to help you recover if you are injured, or have a disability or a chronic condition. This includes physical and occupational therapy, speech-language
pathology, psychiatric rehabilitation, and much more.
8) Your lab tests
9) Preventive services including counseling, screenings, and vaccines to keep you healthy and care for managing a chronic disease.
10) Pediatric services: This includes dental care and vision care for kids
Specific health care benefits can vary by state. Even within the same state, there can be small differences between the health insurance plans. When you fill out your application and compare plans, you’ll see the specific health care benefits each plan has to offer you.
Get ready to enroll for the Health Exchange in Indiana
When open enrollment starts on October 1, 2013, you will be able to apply, compare plans, and enroll in the Health Insurance Marketplace. Coverage starts as soon as January 1, 2014.
For more information or if you have any questions please feel free to contact Scott Pearson, http://pmgagency.com/contact-us.